Protein Breakfast Meals
As we go through our day-to-day lives balancing our work schedules, social life, family, school, and other activities, it can be hard to find the time to eat healthily. This is why so many of us resort to processed, low-quality, calorie-dense, high sugar/salt diets. It is often easier to stop at McDonald’s then it is to cook up some veggies and lean chicken breast.
This article is designed to give you some information regarding the importance of a healthy breakfast, why you should consider adding protein to your breakfast meals, and some examples of high-quality breakfast ideas that you can incorporate into your busy life.
The Importance Of A Healthy Breakfast
There is often a misunderstanding when it comes to weight loss. Many misinformed dieters attempt to challenge themselves to see how long they can go without eating, with the goal of losing weight. After failing to starve themselves due to intense hunger, they overeat, which then sparks an attempt to never eat again due to guilt for eating poorly, causing a vicious cycle.
The individuals that are able to eat healthily and stay in good shape, are those that eat in moderation, consume whole foods, and don’t go long periods of time without eating.
This starts by eating a nutritious, filling, and enjoyable breakfast. By starting the day off right, you will not be tempted to overeat later in the day. Instead, you will feel full until it is time for your next meal where you can, again, intake high-quality foods.
Why You Should Eat Protein For Breakfast
Eating protein for breakfast has numerous benefits. For one, if you are consuming lean sources of protein, it can be very filling and nutritious. By eating protein to start the day, it will allow you to start your day off feeling full.
In addition to all the different benefits that protein consumption has, such as increased lean body mass and muscle recovery enhancement, studies have shown that by consuming protein for breakfast, people were more likely to experience feeling full and less likely to impulsively snack throughout the day.
5 Quality Protein Breakfast Meals
To help you out with some healthy, high-protein breakfast options, we have provided a list of different meal ideas for you to consider:
Have 3 eggs with 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
- Whatever style, this breakfast is full of complete proteins and other nutrients, such as fiber!
- This breakfast option has 27g of protein!
Overnight oats protein shake
- Whether you choose apple cinnamon, chocolate peanut butter banana, or strawberries and cream, this nutrient-packed breakfast on-the-go will help you get your day started the right way!
- These shakes 34g of protein coming in 3 delicious flavors!
Greek yogurt with berries
- Add your favorite berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.) to 10 oz of greek yogurt for a protein-packed, vitamin-dense breakfast!
- On top of its deliciousness, it contains 30g of protein!
Cottage cheese with melon
- Cut your melon in a half and use the center to fill with cottage cheese!
- This meal has 25g of protein!
Peanut butter and banana sandwich with a glass of milk
- Have two slices of whole-wheat bread with about 1 Tbsp of peanut butter on each, topped with slices of banana. Wash it down with 8 oz of milk!
- This delicious concoction has 24g of protein!
Start Your Day Off Right
Don’t starve yourself and test your power to fight the most natural instinct your body has of eating! You will lose in this battle every time, and will only feel guilty when you do not meet your unrealistic expectations.
Rome was not built a day and neither will your health goals be reached in a week. Instead of starving yourself, eat high-quality foods that will help you stay full and reach your goals in a methodical, sensible way. Starting your day off by eating a meal high in protein is one step to help you lose weight, gain muscle, and feel great!