Quick, pre-packaged oats, also known as instant oats, are very similar to rolled oats, except that they can be prepared more quickly. Hence why we call them quick oats. They are pre-cooked, dried, and then rolled and pressed slightly thinner than rolled oats. This significantly decreases their cooking time, making quick oats a great option for healthy breakfast options when you are in a rush to get out the door in the morning.
Quick oats tend to have a much smoother texture and are packed with large amounts of nutrients. These nutrients include soluble fiber, which is great for digestion, beta-glucans, which are great for immune system health, avenanthramides, which have been shown to have great anti-inflammatory effects, and a great amino acid profile, which helps your muscles to grow and repair themselves to ensure optimal health.
Instant oats also much easier for your body to digest. As a result of them being pre-cooked, dried, and pressed, there is much less that your body needs to do to be able to absorb and intake the nutrients that it needs.
Quick oats are the best option when it comes to oats if you are going to eat them raw. Other healthy oat options, such as rolled oats, are really challenging for your body to consume if not cooked properly.
Quick oats tend to have a bad reputation as a lot of pre-packaged oats are high in sugar and unhealthy preservatives. What people do not realize is that the problem is not the quick oats, but the unhealthy ingredients that are often added to these products.
What makes Oats Overnight so unique is that it combines the nutrient-dense power of oats in a healthy, low-sugar recipe that is not only good for you but tastes delicious as well.
How To Prepare Quick/Instant Oats
Quick, pre-packaged oats can be prepared in a variety of ways. Of course, you can consume quick, complete overnight oats in many delicious flavors from Oats Overnight. There are also some other great options when trying to figure out how to prepare them. We have listed them below for you!
Five Other Great Ways To Consume Quick Oats!
- Add 1 cup of hot water to ½ cup of oats and stir well.
- Oatmeal does not have to be boring. Add bananas, berries, nuts, honey, or chia seeds to spice things up. Even a dash of milk will help make them creamier. You’ll be surprised at how delicious your oatmeal can taste!
Add to Baked Goods
- If you notice, a lot of the different loaves of bread and desserts have oats in their recipe ingredient list. Using oats when baking is a really good way to add some much-needed texture and nutrients.
- Oats are an awesome addition to breakfast smoothies. A great, healthy recipe would be to add quick oats to a superfood smoothie that includes kale, bananas, chia seeds, carrots, frozen berries, and almond milk. Oats blend nicely adding some much needed texture and thickness.
- Muesli is easily bought pre-packaged in stores, but why buy it when you can make it fresh from scratch. Enjoy this traditional Swiss cereal by mixing uncooked quick oats, dried fruits, and nuts. If you’re feeling a little adventurous, you can try mixing it up by adding coconut flakes or yogurt, for a wholehearted, good-tasting, healthy breakfast that can be prepared quickly!
Add To Entrees & Veggies
- No, this is not a joke and yes, quick oats can be used for more than just a breakfast food. Use quick oats for the crust of some of your favorite dishes, like mushroom and spinach quiche. Crunchy + Creamy = Mouth-Watering
- Other options include quick-oat risotto with butternut squash and mushrooms and oatmeal-crusted chicken tenders!
Whether you are looking for a quick and nutritious breakfast to start your day or a unique addition to any healthy meal, adding quick, pre-packaged oats is a tasty, nutrient-packed way to enhance almost any diet! Save yourself the shopping and prop time by checking out our delicious version!