Overnight Oats for Breakfast
Looking for something healthy and delicious to start your day? Then look no further than Overnight Oats. Overnight Oats combines the nutritional punch of oats with the protein your body needs to start your day off right.
Many foods tend to fall in and out of favor due to different health trends. Not oats. They have stood the test of time and still remain one of the most popular, nutritious, and delicious breakfast foods, and for good reason.
Nutritional Value Of Oats
Oats are a really healthy breakfast food that can really help you to reach your health and wellness goals. What makes oats so good for you is the combination of micronutrients and macronutrients that they contain.
list of the health benefits of oats:
- Can lower cholesterol, in combination with a healthy diet, according to the USDA
- Can lower risk of coronary heart disease, according to the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine
- Can help lower risks for certain types of cancer, including colorectal cancer
- Just as effective in lowering blood pressure as medication, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Can help in reducing risk of obesity
- Play critical role in improving digestion according to the British Journal of Nutrition
- High in fiber
- High in “good” unsaturated fats
- High in vitamins and minerals, including manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, carotenoids, Vitamin E, and avenanthramides.
Eating Breakfast Is Imperative For Optimal Health
A lot of people make the mistake of skipping breakfast. They think that “saving” the calories will help lead to weight loss. This could not be farther from the truth.
Too many people skip breakfast, get really hungry later in the day, and then lose control and overeat, leading to unwanted weight gain and poor health.
By consuming a healthy, filling breakfast, not only will you be getting the nutrients your body needs, but you will also feel full throughout the day, making reaching your health goals so much easier.
According to the Rush University Medical Center, eating breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The main reason for this is that eating breakfast helps jumpstart your metabolism, causing you to burn more calories throughout the day!
Whether your goal is better health, weight loss, or both, having a healthy breakfast is a great way to start your morning!
The Value Of Oats For Breakfast
According to ScienceDaily, eating oatmeal helps when trying to lose weight. The reason for it lies in the high fiber content found in oats, that causes you to feel full without eating very many calories.
In addition to preventing obesity, eating oats for breakfasts has been linked to improved cholesterol levels, decreased blood pressure, lower rates of diabetes, and reduce risk of developing cardio vascular disease.
If your goal is to increase your health and lose weight, without sacrificing taste, then having oats for breakfast is a no-brainer. There are so many ways to eat oats. You can have them in the form of oatmeal, as muesli, or blended up in your favorite smoothie.
Whether you choose to consume oats as oatmeal or in a tasty Overnight Oats shake, know that you are starting your day off the right way!